How To Make Bulk Lipsticks
Mass creation lipstick can be fun and productive. Lots of people make lipsticks for sale, as homemade gifts, or just to let out their creative juice. By creating your own lipstick, you can develop unique recipes and flavor combinations. Follow this step-by-step guide for the best tips and tricks for creating bulk lipstick quickly and easily.
Choose a recipe
The first thing you need to do is choose a lipstick recipe. There are so many lip balm recipes out there that narrowing down your options can be overwhelming. It is recommended to start with the basic lipstick recipe. From there, you can decide to add or replace ingredients depending on your preferences.
Gather your supplies
The next thing you need to do when making your lipsticks in bulk is to gather all your supplies together. Just like cooking a recipe for dinner, it’s a good idea to measure out your ingredients and have your equipment ready at hand.
The specific ingredients you use will depend on the recipe you choose and the variations you enter. Popular lipstick recipes call for a preference for carrier oil, beeswax, and solid butter. You can also add optional ingredients. Optional ingredients can help add color or flavor to your lipstick.
When choosing ingredients for your lipstick, make sure it is labeled “Food Safe” or “Lip Safe”. Additionally, watch out for ingredients that are common allergens. Make sure you list your ingredients on the label.
When you measure the ingredients for your recipe, you may have to double or even triple the recipe. The amount of lip balm you need to make will depend on two factors. First, how many lip balms each container fits, and second, how many containers you want to fill during this batch.
After collecting all the ingredients, measure them to the amount you need. Thanks to this, the process of creating lipstick will run smoothly. Then collect the suggested equipment.
You don’t need a lot of equipment to make lipstick in bulk, but it’s a good idea to put all your supplies together. The equipment needed to make a lip balm includes:
- Pre-measured ingredients
- Heat-resistant bowl
- Water vessel for the double boiler
- Hot pot holders or mitts
- Heat resistant spoon or spatula
- Tray for filling lip balms
- Tubes, jars or cans for lipsticks
With all your gear on hand you won’t get messed up during the lipstick making process.
Create your own lipstick
After you measure out all the ingredients and prepare your supplies, it’s time to create your lipstick! Each recipe may vary slightly in terms of melting the ingredients, but they usually follow the same process.
Follow these steps to create your lipstick:
- Start by making a double boiler with a pot of water and an ovenproof bowl. The heat can be set too low for the preparation of lipsticks.
- When the water warms up, prepare tubes with lipstick. Place the open tubes in the lip balm filling tray to facilitate filling the tubes. Skip this step if you are not using tubes with chopsticks.
- When the double boiler is ready, add the main ingredients from the recipe to the ovenproof bowl. Gently mix everything together. If necessary, increase the heat to medium so that the ingredients mix completely.
- When everything is melted, carefully remove the heat-resistant bowl with hot pot handle and oven mitts.
- Then add additional ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture with lipsticks into test tubes or other containers. Wait for the lipstick to cool down before removing the tube from the tray.
- Close the tube, putting the lid on it, and then label the lipstick.
- Finally, if you are selling lipstick, seal the tube with plastic and a heat gun.
Now you’ve made a batch of lipstick. The fun doesn’t have to stop there, you can experiment with your lipstick and the process of creating it.
Experiment with your lipstick
Over time, as you gain more experience making wholesale lipsticks, you will develop your own methods for what is best for you. Don’t be afraid to try different things.
For example, if you don’t want to make a double boiler, try using a microwave safe bowl. Slowly heat all ingredients in the microwave. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds up to one minute. Each time you mix you will have the option to make sure that the heat is not too high and the mixture is not overheating.
Enjoy your bulk lipstick
Once you’ve got your first batch of lipstick ready, you can expect the process to be easier each time you do more. Have fun with the lipstick you make by changing the oils, flavors and colors of your choice. Get creative with new recipes and use feedback from customers or friends to come up with a different recipe idea.